Saturday, December 4, 2010

Christmas Cheer

So far, December feels very Christmas-y. This past Thursday, April and I went with our friend Mike to get a Christmas tree. A REAL one. We were probably the most picky customers they had ever had. We had to look at nearly every tree and weigh its fullness, height, color, and overall character (we almost got one that had a red patch of needles, just for its personality). After perusing our many options, toes going numb in the cold, we settled on this lovely, fat one. The people running the place were so merry and full of Christmas cheer. And one of the Hispanic attendants called me preciosa. I'll take it :)
Also, my wonderful mother sent me the best Christmas package that I have ever received. Aside from some delicious candy, my stocking from home, and an awesome new Christmas CD from Harry Connick Jr., there was a beautiful quilted wonder from the fingers of my very own talented mother. Here is picture proof of her brilliance.
We have also broken out the Christmas decorations, inside and out. Here are a few glimpses of our newly Christmas-ified house.
Lastly, a week ago, Erika and I went to the National Portrait Gallery. It was a fun little adventure into the city; we plan to have many more.

4 comments:

Vermont 6 said...

Thanks for sharing! What fun Christmas decorations and what a beautiful tree - you guys did well on your hunt! It looks very Christmasy - I am very impressed! We are working hard on making our home take on the Christmas feel as well - just getting ready for you guys ! Can't wait to see you in a few weeks!

singingrae said...

Wow, my goodness! That is a beautiful quilt! I want one. :) Your house looks so cute, inside and out! It is a really cute house anyway, even better with all the Christmas lights. Merry Christmas and see you soon, love.

Christy said...

I LOVE that advent calendar quilt. maybe your mom will have to help me make one.

Sarah said...

Dear Becky's Life. I miss you!